Master of Science in Accounting
- 1. Introduction
After graduation the Master of Science (MSc.) in Accounting program, graduate student would acquire critically thinking and development accounting skills. Prior accountancy learners will continue to study more advanced, in-depth accounting knowledge. Learners with no prior or limited accounting background can also enroll by undertaking additional modules that allow them to meet the entry requirements of the Vietnamese and international accounting professional bodies.
Courses are taught by professional and research active academics. Learners will be exposed to scholarly and professional academic accounting research, exalting their professional and academic competence.
- 2. Entry requirements
Bachelor's Degree and Transcript in a relevant applied major.
English Language Proficiency:
- English is a medium of instruction for the master program: TOEIC 600, TOEFL iBT 50, IELTS 5.5, PET/FCE 160 (English certificates must be valid for two years from the test date up to the application date) or Proof of bachelor/master program taught in English language.
- Vietnamese is a medium of instruction for the master program: TOEIC 500, TOEFL iBT 45, IELTS 4.5, PET/FCE 140 (English certificates must be valid for two years from the test date up to the application date) or Proof of bachelor/master program taught in English language.
- Application Form (online)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Notarized copies of Bachelor Degree certificates and transcripts (attached English translation if transcripts are in foreign language)
- Statement of purpose (500 words)
- Criminal record
- A copy of Passport.
- Statement of purpose (500 words)
- Photograph (3x4 cm)
- Health check report from official clinic or hospital within the last 6 months
- Applicants who completed their degree in a language other than English are required to submit evidence of English proficiency.
- 3. Program structure
The program structure is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes to ensure learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published expected learning outcomes corresponding to the university level. The curriculum of Ton Duc Thang University is built in a way that is compatible with the program of the world's renowned universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but is adjusted to suit the conditions and realty in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the university reviews and evaluates the curriculum to ensure that master students meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods, etc. This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The Master of Science in Accounting program has been delivered by the university since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend, to help students to be more active and self-study, to approach the latest training approaches in the world.
The curriculums are published to students through student portal and on the website.
- 4. Thesis topics
Selection of the thesis topic is based on the outcome of a formal consultation with student's supervisor. Thesis topics include, but not limit to:
- Issues in accounting information systems
- Issues in auditing and assurance
- Issues in financial accounting
- Issues in management accounting
- Issues in taxation
- 5. Expected learning outcomes
After completing of the MSc. in Accounting, graduate students are expected to possess a comprehensive understanding of the discipline is well integrated into the program, which helps enhance and provide learners with discipline-based solutions relevant to business, professional and society. Upon the completion of the program, learners are able to demonstrate judgement, integrity and creativity to apply advanced accounting knowledge and skills to existing and emerging events effectively and perceptively. Learners are not only given the best environment to evolve their academic knowledge, but also emphasized to become more responsible global citizens who are always willing to engage in multicultural exhibits.
- 6. Graduation requirement
- Complete at least 35 credits of core and elective courses;
- Complete a thesis and defend it successfully in front of a Committee;
- Complete B1 level of English language proficiency (for Vietnamese-taught program) or B2 level (for English taught program).
- 7. Career opportunities
Graduates of the master degree will generally seek employment in areas of accounting such as: managerial accounting, financial accounting, auditing and assurance services, taxation, public sector accounting or business advisory services. The program would cover graduates with the opportunity to work in wide range of different level and environments, depending on their own preferences and skills. Accountancy could choose to work in large, medium or small public practice companies, government and public sector organisations, industry and commerce, management consultancies, banking and financial services, not-for-profit organisations (NPOs) or educational organisations, furthermore, they can set up their own businesses.
Given the overview of accountants, moreover, towards a wide-ranging advisory role, career opportunities are also becoming to have other position such as investment advisers, financial planners, market analysts, advisers in mergers and acquisitions, tax consultants, treasury banking, in corporate recovery and insolvency, e-commerce or information technology.
- 8. Fee and scholarships
Please refer to the university's policy for tuition fee and scholarship opportunities here.
- 9. Apply now
Admission application period:
No later than May 31st
No later than November 15th
For more details about the Master of Science in Accounting program, please contact: