Enrollment for the Bachelor of Accounting with International Accounting Specialisation is now opening
In academic year 2019-2020, Faculty of Accounting, Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU) announce the enrollment of the Bachelor of Accounting - major in International Accounting program (Code: FA7340301)
1. PROGRAM INTRODUCTION
Major: International Accounting (code: FA7340301)
Study time: 04 years
Mode of study: Mainstream
Program type: High-quality program (100% English-taught)
The Bachelor of Accounting (B.Acc.) – major in International Accounting provides students with in-depth accounting knowledge and professional skills in compliance with international standards and practices. The B.Acc. major in International Accounting is among the foremost undergraduate programs at Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU) designed to be completely English-taught, with special reference to accountancy programs of the Top 100 universities in the world. Students are equipped with international-standardised knowledge and practical models in accounting. This program aims to create a modern, professional education environment for students to learn and sharpen their skills; ultimately provides students with a foundation for better adapting of international accounting-auditing standards and practices into Vietnamese context, as well as other countries in the world.
Regarding employment capability, the B.Acc. major in International Accounting focuses on training and developing well-qualified human resource to satisfy the increasingly high requirements of the labour market. Having completed the degree, graduates confidently perform the role of an accountancy specialist for whom global firms such as Big 4, multinational corporations, foreign invested companies are seeking.
The B.Acc. in International Accounting is an ideal program for young people who dream of a career in financial and accounting industry. The degree opens up many doors to becoming a global citizen in era 4.0.
What differentiates the B.Acc. major in International Accounting:
- Program highlights:
- Small classes from 20 - 40 students;
- Modern facilities and learning conditions;
- Highly experienced Vietnamese and foreign lecturers graduated from prestigious universities;
- 100% of core courses are taught in English;
- Qualified curriculum with 04 integrated modules from the Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) awarded by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) - a world leading professional organization in accounting and finance. On successful completion of the B.Acc in International Accouting, graduates have opportunity to fully obtain the ICAEW CFAB via applying for credit for prior learning.
- An emphasis on practical stimulation of financial accounting and tax declaration using Vietnamese and international software (60% study time). Simultaneously, core courses contain exercises and projects engaging students in solving accounting problems in real-life practice; accompany with training sessions by visiting experts from the industry.
- Extended training on professional skills for future career, with early internship and employment opportunities at ICAEW's authorised training employers (ATEs) in Southeast Asia region and worldwide.
- Scholarship opportunities
- Initial membership registration fee of ICAEW: GBP 165
- First attempt exam fee for 01 CFAB module: GBP 70
- Original CFAB textbooks (free delivery from the UK): GBP 11.5/set/module
- Opportunity for exam fee exemption for the next module for students who achieve high results in the previous CFAB module exam.
- Knowledge and skill requirements for degree completion:
- English certificate of IELTS 6.0 (or other equivalent certificates)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certificate 750/1000 (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint);
- Achieving extracurricular activity scores as required by TDTU;
- Attaining soft skills, professional practice skills as required by the program’s outcomes;
- Successfully defended the bachelor thesis in English, or, obtained the professional certificate of ICAEW CFAB.
2. CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
With the increasing demand in accounting proficiency and the vibrant merge-acquisition (M&A) activities in Vietnam, together with state’s policy of attracting foreign investment, graduates of the B.Acc. major in International Accounting of TDTU have many opportunities for employment in various businesses and industries with positions in finance, accounting, auditing, consulting and internal control, not only in Vietnam but also in international labour market.
Once graduating, students of the B.Acc. major in International Accounting are able to work flexibly in different positions and fields, such as: accounting/auditing associate, cost-control specialist, tax/financial consultant, risk analyst, banking/fund managing expert, securities broker, project coordinator, academic researcher, etc. These initial positions provide solid starts for the pathways to becoming a Chief Accountant, Head of Assurance/Accounting/Finance Department or Internal Control, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Accounting/Finance professor, Economics researchers, etc.
Graduates from TDTU’s high quality program of B.Acc. major in International Accounting will have great and open employment opportunities at large professional service firms, government agencies, major banks and financial institutions, multinational corporations; as well as academic positions at universities, research institutes, domestic and foreign educational institutions with accounting/auditing training.
3. PROGRAM CURRICULUM AND OUTCOMES: please see link